Samsung is the first company to get the new Nemko Europe certificate
On 20 March 2015, Samsung was the first company to get the new Nemko Europe certificate. For the consumer, this certificate confirms that a third party has tested the product’s compliance with strict European environmental and safety regulations. For manufacturers and importers, Nemko Europe simplifies the route to compliance with required CE marking directives.
Nemko Europe is the first certification service in the industry to cover the key EU environmental product directives; Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHs) and Energy related Products (ErP) together with the existing directives for telecom, electrical safety and EMC.
It also includes a suite of business critical features:
- Testing of product and verification of documentation
- Updates according to relevant standards and directives
- Prefilled EU Declaration of Conformity
- 10 years storage of mandatory CE Technical Construction File
- Nemko Certificate for electrical safety and EMC
- Factory inspection for valid certificates
Compliance without complexity
- Manufacturers and importers are finding the compliance process increasingly complex with the new RoHs and ErP directives. With this new service, Nemko takes care of all the processes and procedures necessary to comply – and stay compliant – with all five CE marking directives.
Demonstrating Samsung’s environmental focus
Samsung has been a client with Nemko for more than 25 years, and the new Nemko Europe certification service supports their ambitious environmental efforts. The first products to receive the Nemko European certificate are Samsung TV Monitors type LS 27 D85 and LS 32 D85.
For more information about the new Nemko Europe certification service, please contact:
Nemko: Geir Hørthe, Certification Manager, Mobile +47 930 88 565
Samsung: Annachiara Torciano, Sustainability Manager, Mobile: +46 70 699 88 30
- Related documents