Special Inspection/ Field Evaluation of electrical equipment
Nemko offers Special Inspection (SI) / Field Evaluation as a fast, economical alternative to traditional Product Safety Certification for Electrical products for the Canadian marketplace.
Inspection is performed in accordance with CSA Publication SPE-1000 (Model code for the field evaluation of electrical equipment). This document provides guidance for identifying compliance with basic safety principles.
The testing and evaluation is intended to be non-destructive, and is based on published requirements accepted by the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Complying products will be immediately labeled by a qualified Nemko Inspector with a distinctive, serialized and tamperproof label.
Why should you choose Nemko’s “Special Inspection / Field Evaluation” Services?
If any one or more of the following apply:
- The equipment is already shipped or installed.
- The equipment is available in limited quantities (batches) &/or is custom-built.
- The cost of certification is impractical or time is of the essence.
- You are testing the market and may not be able to continue production.
- You want to ensure the product complies with essential requirements before submitting it for certification.
Where can the inspection take place?
- Wherever it makes sense for you! Nemko has inspectors worldwide and can arrange to inspect at the manufacturing facility before shipping to your customer
Application forms and further program details can be obtained by contacting Nemko.
- Related information
If inspection is not relevant for your application then certification may be what is required. Click here to view Nemko services for electrical safety certification.