Nemko is an approved laboratory for TCO Development for testing visual ergonomics, emission and energy saving according to all TCO criteria. Nemko is also approved for doing the verification of the ecology documents requested for the labeling approval.
TCO certified is designed to ensure that IT and office equipment have a high degree of usability for the end user, but still keep environmental impact to a minimum. With the TCO labeling system, the development of products is influenced in this direction.
TCO Development is the authority for:
- TCO Certified Displays
- TCO Certified Notebook
- TCO Certified Tablets
- TCO Certified All-in-One PCs
- TCO Certified Desktop
- TCO Certified Edge Displays
TCO Development is owned by TCO (the Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees). TCO is a non-governmental organization (NGO) and has 1.3 million members, of whom a large majority depends on efficient IT support in their work.
What is TCO Development?
- TCO Development is known internationally for TCO Certified, the sustainability certification for IT products.
- TCO Development uses environmental labeling to push technical development forward, based on the needs of IT users.
- Environmental labeling is a support for the customer giving a quality stamp on the products.
- TCO Certified is a third party certification, often called a Type 1 certification, meaning that all product models are rigorously tested by an independent, accredited third party.
- All TCO Certified products meet strict criteria for social responsibility at the facilities where the product is manufactured, user safety and ergonomic design as well minimal environmental impact for both the product and its production during the whole life cycle. TCO Development Services from Nemko:
- Visual Ergonomics testing (displays, notebooks, tablets, smartphones)
- Emission testing (including MPRII)
- Energy consumption and Energy Declaration
- Social responsibility requirements handling
- Ecological consulting services for documentation
- Handling of application documents to TCO
- Acoustic noise testing when applicable (System units, Laptops and LCDs with fan)
- Electrical safety (CB) certification (EN 60950/IEC950)