RoHS as a part of CE-Marking
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive –RoHS covers following substances with their limits:
Hexavalent chromium 0.1%
Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) 0.1%
Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) 0.1%
Your technical file must include compliance documentation for RoHS down on homogenous material.
For electronic products - files of thousand of pages.
Avoid building file systems which is not possible to keep updated.
The RoHS directive expand it scopes up till 2019 where all EEE shall comply with RoHS.
- Large household appliances.
- Small household appliances.
- IT and telecommunications equipment.
- Consumer equipment.
- Lighting equipment.
- Electrical and electronic tools.
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment.
- Medical devices from 22 July 2014, but in vitro diagnostic medical devices from 22 July 2016.
- Monitoring and control instruments including industrial monitoring and control instruments from 22 July 2014, but industrial monitoring and control instruments from 22 July 2017.
- Automatic dispensers.
- Other EEE not covered by any of the categories above, from 22 July 2019.
- Related information
Unlike other directives, the RoHS gives only two possible ways to comply:
- Test and measurements of all homogenous materials,
- Follow harmonized standard.
Nemko offer both alternatives including certification .