RoHS as a part of CE-Marking
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive –RoHS covers following substances with their limits
|Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)||0.1%|
|Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)||0.1%|
|Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)||0.1%|
|Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP)||0.1%|
|Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)||0.1%|
|Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)||
Your technical file must include compliance documentation for RoHS down on homogenous material.
For electronic products - files of thousand of pages.
Avoid building file systems which is not possible to keep updated.
From 22nd of July 2019, all EEE (Electrical and Electronic Equipment) shall comply with RoHS except those few categories permanently exempted in Article 2 in the directive.
- Large household appliances.
- Small household appliances.
- IT and telecommunications equipment.
- Consumer equipment.
- Lighting equipment.
- Electrical and electronic tools.
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment.
- Medical devices from 22 July 2014, but in vitro diagnostic medical devices from 22 July 2016.
- Monitoring and control instruments including industrial monitoring and control instruments from 22 July 2014, but industrial monitoring and control instruments from 22 July 2017.
- Automatic dispensers.
- Other EEE not covered by any of the categories above, from 22 July 2019.
- Related information
Unlike other directives, the RoHS gives only two possible ways to comply:
- Test and measurements of all homogenous materials,
- Follow harmonized standard.
Nemko offer both alternatives including certification .